This the best and easiest widget for this. It will allow you to have a widget located in your sidebar to allow users to register and login to create their own posts.
- Download the widget from here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-login/
- Extract the folder and upload ‘sidebar-login’ to your /wp-content/plugins folder.
- Login to your wordpress site, go to plugins and enable the widget.
- Then drag the widget to the required location under appearance, widgets.
- Undersetting, ensure ‘Anyone can register is ticked, and set ‘New User Default Role’ to ‘author’ to allow users to post only.
Summary of Roles
- Super Admin – Someone with access to the blog network administration features controlling the entire network.
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber – Somebody who can only manage their profile
Web Design in Auckland
DevFX is built and based on providing New Zealand companies, small to large, with a complete solution to web site developement from dynamic content management systems to ecommerce solutions. Within this model we also provide web sitehosting based within one of New Zealands largest, most secure and fastest datacentres. Its time to start moving forward with DevFX.
- Mobile usability testing
- New Zealand Small Business Directory
- The New Zealand Website, Article & Business Directory